Nomad is a highly flexible and efficient workload orchestrator designed to deploy and manage containers, non-containerized applications, and virtual machines across various environments. It simplifies the complexities of running applications at scale, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
- Unified Orchestration: Seamlessly manage both containerized and traditional applications without the need for containerization.
- Streamlined Operations: Operates as a single binary without external dependencies, ensuring reliability and simplicity in resource management and scheduling.
- Hardware-Accelerated Computing: Utilize GPUs for compute-intensive tasks like machine learning with built-in device plugins.
- Global Scalability: Designed for global infrastructure with federation capabilities for multi-region and multi-cloud deployments.
- Demonstrated Performance: Proven to handle large-scale clusters over 10K nodes efficiently and reliably.
- Ecosystem Integration: Works cohesively with other HashiCorp tools like Terraform, Consul, and Vault for a comprehensive infrastructure solution.
Suggested Developer Use Cases
- Leverage Nomad to manage legacy application workloads alongside modern containerized services without rewriting existing codebases.
- Incorporate Nomad into a multi-cloud strategy to ensure consistent deployment patterns across different cloud providers.
- Utilize Nomad's GPU support to offer ML/AI as a service by efficiently scheduling GPU resources for client projects.
|Wednesday, December 27, 2023